Public Law 334
CHAPTER 142

April 15, 1954
[H. R. 4024]

AN ACT

To change the name of the Appomattox Court House National Historical Monument to the "Appomattox Court House National Historical Park".

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled. That the historical site known as the "Appomattox Court House National Historical Monument", located near Appomattox, Virginia, shall hereafter be known and designated as the "Appomattox Court House National Historical Park". Any law, regulation, document, or record of the United States in which such site is designated or referred to by the name of the "Appomattox Court House National Historical Monument" shall be held and considered to refer to such site by the name of the "Appomattox Court House National Historical Park".

Approved April 15, 1954.