OF THE NAVY
NAVAL AIR SYSTEMS COMMAND
WASHINGTON, D. C. 20360
REPLY REFER TO
13 May 1966
NAVAIR NOTICE 13100
From: Commander, Naval Air Systems Command
To: Distribution List
Subj: Model F-8H Aircraft; establishment of model designation
Ref: (a) BUWEPSINST 13100.7 of 18 Sep 1962, Designating, Redesignating and Naming Military Aircraft
1. Purpose. This Notice promulgates the F-8H Aircraft model designation.
2. Model Designation Establishment. The model designation of F-8H has been approved for the modified version of the F-8D Aircraft. Modification improvements of the F-8H over the F-8D are as follows:
a. Provision of external wing stores capability.
b. Increased strength of certain fuselage areas.
c. Incorporation of the lead-launch computer.
d. Use of the larger radar scope (F-8E type).
e. Increased wing fatigue life of 4,000 flight hours.
f. Incorporation of Sidewinder Extended Acquisition Mode(SEAM).
3. Action. Effective immediately, all addressees concerned with the Model F-8H Aircraft shall identify this aircraft in accordance with the subject model designation. This designation shall apply to all correspondence, aircraft service changes, specifications, records, publications and other official business.
4. Type Equipment Code. The type equipment code for the Model F-8H Aircraft is AFSM.
5. Cancellation. This Notice is cancelled upon receipt of the next revision of the DOD Model Designation of Military Aircraft Book, prepared in accordance with reference (a), or for record purposes 31 August 1966.
I. K. BLOUGH