OF THE NAVY
NAVAL AIR SYSTEMS COMMAND
WASHINGTON, D. C. 20360
REPLY REFER TO
10 Nov 1969
NAVAIR NOTICE 13100
From: Commander, Naval Air Systems Command
To: Distribution List
Subj : Model A-6E Aircraft; establishment of model designation
(a) NAVAIRINST 13100.3 of 8 Feb 1968, Designating and Naming Military
(b) OPNAVINST 2C of 31 Oct 1968
1. Purpose. This Notice promulgates the A-6E Aircraft model designation.
2. Model Designation Establishment. The model designation of A-6E has been approved for the modified production version of the A-6A Aircraft. The A-6E differs from the basic A-6A in the following major areas :
a. New ASQ-133 core memory, micro circuit ballistics computer replacing the ASQ-61 computer
b. New simultaneous multi-mode radar set replacing the APQ-92 and APQ-112 radar sets
c. Solid state weapon release system
3. Action. The A-6E designation shall apply to all correspondence, airframe changes, specifications, records, publications and other official business. Reporting custodians shall report the redesignation to A-6E by XRAY action in accordance with reference (b).
4. Type Equipment Code. The type equipment code for the Model A-6E Aircraft is AAEG.
5. Cancellation. This Notice is cancelled upon receipt of the next revision of D0D Model Designation of Military Aircraft Book, prepared in accordance with reference (a), or for record purposes 31 January 1970.
G. R. KELLY