OF THE NAVY
NAVAL AIR SYSTEMS COMMAND
WASHINGTON, D. C. 20360
REPLY REFER TO
22 Jun 1966
NAVAIR NOTICE 13100
Prom: Commander, Naval Air Systems Command To: Distribution List
Subj: Designation of P-3 BUNO 153443 as model YP-3C
Ref: (a) BUWEPSINST 13100.7 dated 18 Sept 1962, Subj: Designating, Redesignating and Naming Military Aircraft
1. Purpose. This Notice designates P-3 BUNO 153443 as model YP-3C.
2. Model Designation. The YP-3C designation has been approved for the P-3B Aircraft selected for modification into the P-3C production prototype. Modification improvements of the YP-3C over the P-3B include the A-NEW integrated avionics installation, and such associated improvements as the automated search stores dispensing system and improved flight instrumentation.
3. Action. Effective immediately, all addressees concerned with model P-3B Aircraft shall identify BUNO 153443 as model YP-3C. This designation shall apply to all correspondence, aircraft, service changes, specifications, records, publications, and other official business.
4. Type Equipment Code. The type equipment code for the YP-3C Aircraft is APBE.
5. Cancellation. This Notice is cancelled upon receipt of the next revision of the DOD Model Designation of Military Aircraft Book, prepared in accordance with reference (a), or for record purposes 28 February 1967.
I. K. BLOUGH