OF THE NAVY
BUREAU OF NAVAL WEAPONS
WASHINGTON , D.C. 20360
20 Dec 1963
BUWEPS NOTICE 13100
From: Chief, Bureau of Naval Weapons
To: Distribution List
Subj: Model QF-8A Aircraft; reassignment of model designation
Ref: (a) BUWEPS 13100.7 of 18 Sep 1962, Subj: Designating, Redesignating and Naming Military Aircraft.
1. Purpose. This Notice promulgates the reassignment of model designation QF-8A.
2. Information. The model designation of QF-8A was formerly established for those F-8A aircraft configured as Regulus I high speed, trounce and radio controlled type aircraft. Since the above configured aircraft were not accurately identified by the QF-8A designation, the QF-8A designation has been reassigned as outlined below.
3. Model Designation Reassignment. The model designation of QF-8A has been approved for the droned configuration of the F-8A aircraft, having as its primary mission operational employment as an RDT&E target aircraft.
4. Action. Effective immediately, all addressees concerned with Model QF-8A aircraft shall identify these aircraft in accordance with the subject model designation. This designation shall apply to all correspondence, aircraft service changes, specifications, records, publications and other official business.
5. Cancellation. This Notice is cancelled upon receipt of next revision of DOD Model Designation of Military Aircraft book, prepared in accordance with reference (a), or for record purposes on 1 July 1964.
T. WASHINGTON, JR